- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Savoury Carrots Recipe Video
|Carrot||6 Large, peeled (fresh, uncooked)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 30 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.17 g0.27%
Saturated Fat 0.03 g0.13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 372.7 mg15.5%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 0.67 g1.3%
Vitamin A 240.6% Vitamin C 7.1%
Calcium 2.4% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a chef's knife cut a slice from each of four sides of the carrot, so that they have a squared-off appearance. Slice into 1/4 inch slices.
2) In a pot, bring 1 inch water to a boil.
3) Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt, carrot slices and cover with a lid.
4) Bring back to a boil. Reduce heat and continue to cook carrots until fork-tender.
5) Drain with a colander and place in a nice serving bowl.
6) Serve the carrots as a healthy accompaniment to any meal.