- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zuza zak's Weeknight Dinners: Kippers with Sauerkraut Salad and Brown Rice Recipe Video
|Sauerkraut||32 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Carrot||2 , grated|
|Kippers in sunflower oil||190 Gram (1 tin)|
|Light vinegar||2 Tablespoon (as needed)|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (as needed)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Brown rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.2%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1627.7 mg67.8%
Total Carbohydrates 53 g17.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.6 g38.4%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 16 g32.4%
Vitamin A 102.7% Vitamin C 63.2%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, cook rice in water with garlic and salt. Cover with lid and simmer for 20 minutes or until done. You can also season with fish sauce or soy sauce when done if desired.
2. In a bowl, combine chopped onion, sauerkraut, and grated carrot.
3. Mix together olive oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and sugar in a separate bowl. Whisk well, taste and adjust seasoning.
4. Pour over salad and toss well.
5. Serve rice with salad and kippers.