- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
King Ranch Chicken Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Green bell pepper||1 Large, chopped|
|Cream of mushroom||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cream of chicken||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Diced tomatoes and green chilies||1 Can (10 oz) (Rotel Zesty Tomato & Green Chili Sauce)|
|Cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded (or diced)|
|Butter||4 Tablespoon (1/2 stick)|
|Corn tortillas||12 Large, cut into small bits|
|Shredded cheddar cheese/Velveeta cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cajun spice||1 Teaspoon (Slap Ya Mama's Seasoning Spice mix) (Optional)|
Calories 597 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.9%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g88.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.9 mg
Sodium 1268.6 mg52.9%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.3%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 25 g49.7%
Vitamin A 24.8% Vitamin C 58.7%
Calcium 41.7% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedOven
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter and add chopped onions and green pepper. Saute them on medium heat until soft and transparent, about 5 minutes.
3. In a measuring jar or bowl, combine the cream of mushroom, cream of chicken, and diced tomato and chilies sauce. Mix well. Add to the onion and pepper in the skillet.
4. Add the shredded chicken and stir well. Cook until thick and bubbly. Season with Cajun Spice Seasoning if you like.
5. In a large pyrex casserole dish (about 13 X 9 X 2-inch) layer the tortilla squares to cover the base.
6. Spoon a generous amount of the creamed chicken mixture and sprinkle a layer of cheese on top.
7. Continue to layer the tortilla sqaures, chicken mixture and cheese until all of it is used up. End with a layer of cheese.
8. Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for about 30-35 minutes until bubbly and cheese is golden brown on top.
9. Remove and rest for 10 minutes.
10. Serve the chicken casserole with bread and a salad on the side.