- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kimchi Stew (Quick and Easy with Tuna), 김치 찌개 Recipe Video
|Canned tuna||4 Gram (1 - 2 Cans, 2 Grams each)|
|Kimchi||3 Cup (48 tbs), cut into about 2 inches long pieces|
|Kimchi juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Red chili pepper flakes||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 193 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g14.7%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.5 mg5.5%
Sodium 1369.8 mg57.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.1 g36.5%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 9 g17.8%
Vitamin A 85.2% Vitamin C 32.9%
Calcium 9.5% Iron 0.17%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Stone bowl
1. Place a stone bowl on the stove, to preheat it. (Kimchi stew would be served in a stone bowl)
2. In a pot, saute 1 can of tuna (you can add another can if desired) with 1 tablespoon of butter on high heat. Stir fry the tuna for about 3 minutes, making sure it does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
3. Add kimchi to the pot. Saute for another 10 minutes. If it starts to stick to the bottom, add a little bit of kimchi juice or water.
4. Add water and kimchi juice. Stir and let it cook for a few minutes.
5. Add some chili pepper flakes if you like it spicier. Bring into boil and boil for another 10-15 minutes.
6. Season with salt (Add gradually as you taste it).
7. Transfer into the preheated stone bowl and the stew is ready to serve.
8. Serve warm with steamed rice.