- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe Video
|Bacon slices||2 , chopped|
|Kimchi||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Rice||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1/2 white rice and ½ brown rice)|
|Sausage||4 Ounce (hot variety)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Korean red pepper flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1036 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.8%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 254 mg
Sodium 1289.6 mg53.7%
Total Carbohydrates 163 g54.2%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.9%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 33 g65.6%
Vitamin A 96.6% Vitamin C 19.8%
Calcium 17.7% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Cook the rice as per directions.
2. Heat a pan over medium heat and add the bacon.
3. Keep stirring till it renders the fat.
4. Add the sausage and break it down with the spatula and keep on sautéing until the meat looks cooked.
5. Add the Kimchi and keep on stirring on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
6. Add the sugar, black pepper and the Korean red flakes. Mix it well.
7. Throw in the rice and stir to mix everything together. Press it down against the pan so that a crust forms underneath.
8. Add the sesame oil and mix it in.
9. Heat a separate pan with a little oil and crack the eggs in it. Cook to your preference.
10. On a plate, serve the rice and top with eggs before serving.