- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kimchi Colcannon - Mashed Potato with Bacon and Onions Recipe Video
|Russet potatoes||2 Pound, peeled and cubed|
|Grapeseed oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Turkey bacon||12 Ounce, chopped finely|
|Kimchi||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped finely (with juice)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Cream/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green onion||3 Medium, chopped finely|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 492 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.5%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 47.3 mg
Sodium 1316.8 mg54.9%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.3%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 21 g41.1%
Vitamin A 26% Vitamin C 31.9%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1.In a sauce pan, place the potatoes on heat with enough water to cover them. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes until they are tender.Drain the potatoes and mash them up.
2. In a medium sauce pan, heat the grapeseed oil and add the turkey bacon to it.
3. Add the onions and kimchi in it and saute until the mixture is soft and the kimchi juice is evaporated.
4. Add the cream half at a time and mash the potatoes with a hand blender until smooth.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Add the kimchi,onion and bacon mixture to the mashed potatoes. Fold and mix well until all the potatoes are the same color.
7. Plate it, garnish with spring onions and serve.