- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kim Chi - Part 1 Recipe Video
|Cayenne pepper||6 Tablespoon|
|Spring water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dill||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cilantro seeds||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 214 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.7%
Saturated Fat 1 g5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 103.8 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.2%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 11 g21.2%
Vitamin A 542.6% Vitamin C 412.2%
Calcium 34.2% Iron 34.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pull some leaves from the cabbage and keep them aside.
2. Cut the remaining cabbage and keep that in a food processor, grind for few minutes.
3. In a large bowl transfer the grinded cabbage.
4. Chop the Kale finely with the help of a chopper.
5. Combine chopped kale with the cabbage in the bowl.
6. Add in cayenne pepper and dill to the mixture.
7. Grind cilantro seeds in a coffee grinder and add to the mixture.
8. Mix cabbage mixture for few minutes.
9. Transfer part of cabbage mixture in a grinding jar pour in some spring water and blend for a few minutes.
10. Pour cabbage puree in the cabbage mixture and mix well.
11. Transfer all the mixture to a glass jar and mash with the help of masher.
12. Cover the jar with the reserved cabbage leaves.
13. Cover the jar and keep it in a warm place.
14. Let it ferment for 6 days.
15. Serve Kim Chi in a bowl.