- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Killer Black & White Cupcakes: Cupcake Show #2 Recipe Video
|Unsweetened chocolate||3 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), softened|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For dry ingredients|
|Flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Almond extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Baking spray||2 Dash|
Calories 293 Calories from Fat 154
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.1 mg24.7%
Sodium 173.3 mg7.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g10.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.4%
Sugars 22.6 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Line the cupcake tin with cupcake liners and lightly spray with baking spray.
3. In a bowl, put all the dry ingredients and mix well, and set aside.
4. In a microwave proof bowl, put the chocolate and melt in microwave for 30 seconds.
5. In a mixer bowl, put together butter and sugar and mix well for 2 minutes in a stand mixer with paddle attachment.
6. Stream in the melted chocolate in the butter mixture and mix well.
7. In a bowl, break the eggs and add in 1 at a time and mix well after each addition.
8. Add in vanilla, and sour cream and mix well.
9. Stop the mixer and add in ½ of the flour mixture in 2 batches, and mix well at low speed.
10. Add in the water mix until well incorporated, add in the remaining flour mixture and mix.
11. Scrap the paddle attachment, sides and bottom of mixer bowl and mix.
12. Fill cupcake tin with the batter using a small ice cream scoop or until it is 2/3 full and set aside.
13. In a mixer bow, cream the cream cheese using a paddle attachment.
14. Add in the sugar and mix until it fluffs up.
15. Put in the egg and beat well until well incorporated.
16. Pour in almond and vanilla extract and mix.
17. Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the chocolate chips using a spatula.
18. Using a tablespoon put the cream cheese mixture over the batter, try to put in 1 side.
19. Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until the cupcake puffs up.
20. Remove and cool cupcakes in pan for 10 minutes, on a rack.
21. Take out the cupcakes from pan and let cool completely on rack.
22. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator.