- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kikkoman Karaage Chicken Recipe Video
|Boneless skinless chicken thigh||1 Pound, diced into 1 inch square pieces|
|Soy-ginger seasoned coating mix||35 Gram (Kikkoman)|
|Pinot grigio white wine||3 Tablespoon (for sauce)|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon (for sauce)|
|Teriyaki sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon (for sauce)|
|Ginger paste||1 Tablespoon (for sauce)|
|Garlic paste||1⁄2 Tablespoon (for sauce)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (for sauce)|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)|
Calories 1469 Calories from Fat 1201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g208.7%
Saturated Fat 22 g110.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 135.6 mg5.7%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 22.7 g
Protein 38 g76.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 0.3% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove fat from chicken thighs, and chop them into 1-inch square pieces.
2. In zip lock bag, put chicken pieces, and drop coating mix in it. Shake to coat well.
3. Sift and remove excess coating. Put chicken pieces in bowl, and set it aside.
4. For sauce, in a bowl combine teriyaki sauce, pinot grigio white wine, rice wine vinegar, ginger paste, garlic paste, brown sugar, and sesame oil. Whisk.
5. In a sauce pan, pour sauce mixture and simmer for about 4 minutes. You may also serve sauce without simmering if you do not want a thicker sauce.
6. In a skillet heat oil till it reaches 350 degrees F.
7. Drop chicken pieces in hot oil. Do not over crowd the skillet.
8. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
9. Remove from skillet and place chicken pieces on paper towel, or wire rack to remain nice and crispy.
10. Serve chicken hot with rice, stir fried vegetables, and sauce.