- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kidneys In Creole Sauce Recipe
|Veal kidney/Pork kidney||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Green pepper||1 Small|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Light brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Tabasco sauce||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1341 Calories from Fat 686
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 79 g120.9%
Saturated Fat 36.5 g182.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2193.1 mg
Sodium 2656 mg110.7%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 12.4 g
Protein 100 g200.3%
Vitamin A 135.3% Vitamin C 237.9%
Calcium 31.2% Iron 142.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel and slice onions thinly.
2. Peel and coarsely chop the garlic.
3. Wash and seed the green pepper. Also, remove the stalks and finely chop the peppers.
4. Chop the capers.
5. Peel the translucent skin from the kidneys and slice them into ¼ inch thick slices. Also, make sure to use a scissor to snip of the white cores.
5. Toss some noodles in butter.
6. Take a pan and butter it heavily. Heat the oil and sauté the onion over medium flame.
7. Increase the heat and pour in the kidney pieces. Sauté them till it turn brown and keep stirring frequently.
8. After that, remove the heat from the pan and the kidneys.
9. Use a slotted spoon to remove the kidneys in a sieve and drain for about 5 minutes.
10. Take a pan and crush some garlic and tomatoes. Also, add some capers and green peppers.
11. Also, add some salt, Tabasco, sugar, chili sauce and lemon juice.
12. Then, cover the pan using a aluminum foil or lid. Simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
13. In the mean time, slice some olives and mix them nicely with the kidneys.
14. Mix the kidneys with the Creole sauce on the top of noodles that has been tossed in butter.
15. It is usually served with crisp green salad as a side dish.