- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kidney Casserole Recipe
|Ox kidney||1 Pound|
|Seasoned flour||1 Ounce|
|Pork sausages||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 , skinned and sliced|
|Unseasoned stock||1⁄2 Pint|
|Tomato paste||1 Tablespoon (Leveled)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Dry sherry||5 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped (To Complete Dish From Freezer)|
|Boiled rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 728 Calories from Fat 199
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.4%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g49.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 68.6 mg22.9%
Sodium 616.6 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 19.1 g76.3%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 37 g74.7%
Vitamin A 13.9% Vitamin C 25.4%
Calcium 14% Iron 54.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Core the kidneys and cut them into 1 inch pieces.
2) Wash them thoroughly and dry on an absorbant paper.
3) Toss kidneys into flour.
4) Cut the chunks out of the sausages.
5) In a frying pan, melt the butter.
6) Saute the onion until soft and transparent.
7) In a casserole, place the drined onion.
8) Reheat the pan and fry kidney and sausage until brown.
9) Fry the kidney gently to avoid being toughened.
10) Drain the meats and place them with onions.
11) Remove pan from the heat and add excess flour.
12) Add to the pan, stock with tomato apste and boil the liquid. Keep stirring.
13) Season with salt and pepper and add bayleaf and parsley.
14) In the casserole, pour the sauce with other ingredients.
15) Cover the casserole and in oven cook at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
16) Cool rapidly but let it remain warm.
17) Reheat while serving.