- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kidney Beans With Sausage Recipe
|Kidney beans||1 Pound, soaked|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||16 Ounce|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon (1 Can)|
|Sausage links||3⁄4 Pound, smoked (1 Can)|
Calories 691 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 61.2 mg
Sodium 1089.6 mg45.4%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 18.9 g75.8%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 40 g79.7%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 35.1%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 53.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a slow-cooker or a crock pot combine beans, sauces and seasoning.
2. Add water and stir to mix well
3. Cover the pot with its lid
4. Slow cook the beans on HIGH for about 5 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 8 hours, until tender
5. Add the sausages to the beans and stir to mix.
6. Re-cover the pot and continue cooking for another 1 hour on HIGH or 2 hours on LOW.
7. Serve the beans and sausages over a bed of cooked rice or as a side dish to eggs. You can also use it as a filling for tacos, burritos, enchiladas etc.