- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kidney And Bacon Filling Recipe
|Smoked streaky bacon||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Kidney||8 Ounce (250 Grams)|
|Beef stock||1⁄2 Pint (250 Milliliter)|
|Mixed herbs||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Cornflour||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Sherry||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Gravy browning||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1251 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.8%
Saturated Fat 5.2 g25.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.7 mg15.6%
Sodium 2908.4 mg121.2%
Total Carbohydrates 205 g68.4%
Dietary Fiber 36.9 g147.5%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 73 g146.5%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 32.4%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 90.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Discard the bacon rind and bones; cut into small pieces.
2) Discard the core from the kidney; cut into small pieces.
3) Peel off the onion skin and chop.
4) In a small bowl, dissolve the cornflour in sherry. Place aside.
5) In a saucepan, cook the bacon and onion until fat runs.
6) Add kidney and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes.
7) Stir in stock and herbs, and bring a boil.
8) Cover with a lid and simmer for 1/2 hour.
9) Add the cornflour-sherry mixture and stir well until thickened.
10) Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, as per taste.
11) Add some gravy browning.
12) Pack in a sealed container and refrigerate for later use.
13) Before using as a filling, thaw the mixture and warm up a little.