- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Greek Lentil Soup Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Red pepper flakes||1 1⁄2 Pinch|
|Lentil soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Dried oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Fresh baby spinach||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Crumbled feta cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For Topping)|
|Pita chips||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Topping)|
Calories 204 Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g16.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.7 mg
Sodium 488.2 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 2.3 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 26.9% Vitamin C 16.5%
Calcium 18.7% Iron 19.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat a pot over a medium flame. Add olive oil.
2. Add onions, garlic and a good pinch of red pepper flakes. Sauté it till it becomes tender.
3. Add a can of lentil soup.
4. Add dried oregano and fresh baby spinach. Cook it for 5 minutes or until the spinach gets wilted. Your soup is ready to serve.
5. To serve Greek Lentil Soup, take the soup in a big bowl. Top it with freshly ground black pepper, crumbled feta cheese and pita chips.