- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Khoya / Mawa Burfi ( Milk Dessert) Recipe Video
|Khoya||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Homemade khoya or Mawa used)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Dissolved in the milk)|
|Desi ghee/Butter||4 Teaspoon|
|Cardamom powder||To Taste (As needed)|
|Chopped pistachios||To Taste (As needed)|
|Chopped almonds||To Taste (As needed)|
|For greasing the tray|
|Ghee||2 Teaspoon (For greasing)|
Calories 151 Calories from Fat 53
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.3%
Saturated Fat 3.8 g18.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.5 mg
Sodium 65 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.7%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.15%
Sugars 20.1 g
Protein 5 g9.3%
Vitamin A 3.2% Vitamin C 2.6%
Calcium 16.1% Iron 0.59%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Foil
2. A large tray
1. Add saffron in milk, microwave for 20 seconds to dissolve and set aside.
2. Line a tray with foil greased with ghee. Set this aside.
3. Heat a pan on a medium temperature.
4. Add khoya and sugar, mix well.
5. Once cooked, add the milk (with saffron dissolved in it), stir and fry until all the moisture evaporates.
6. Once the moisture evaporates and the mixture is dry, add desi ghee and cook until thick. Do not overcook. Once done turn off the heat.
7. Transfer the prepared mixture into the greased foil lined tray and spread evenly as shown in the video.
8. Let cool completely before cutting the burfis.
9. Cut the burfi into desired shapes, garnish with chopped pistachios and almonds and serve.
These burfis can be refrigerated and would stay good for about a week.