- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Khoresht Qeymeh Aloo Recipe Video
|Turmeric powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon pepper||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar/Sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon pepper||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless/Chicken legs||1 Large, dice (1 1/2 inch peices)|
|Onion||1 Small, dice|
|Dried plums||1 Cup (16 tbs), washed|
|Yellow split peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cold water||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Grapeseed oil||5 Tablespoon, divided|
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.4%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 16.6 mg5.5%
Sodium 438 mg18.3%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.6%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 13 g26%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 9%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedLarge pot
1. Wash and drain the yellow split peas and keep it aside until needed.
2. Dice the chicken and onion and keep it in 2 separate bowls.
3. In a large pot, over medium high heat, pour the 4 tablespoon of grape seed oil and sauté the onion for 5-8 minutes or until golden brown, add the turmeric and chicken stir them together for 30 second.
4. Add the lemon pepper, cinnamon, black pepper and salt, stir and add the yellow split peas, dried plums, water, stir and add the saffron, lemon juice, stir everything well.
5. Cover with a lid and bring it to a boil on medium high for 45 minutes, add brown sugar mix it well and check for salt and seasoning.
6. Turn the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes, after 15 minutes add 1 tablespoon of oil and lower the heat and cook for 30 minutes.
7. Serve the khoresht geymeh aloo with steamed rice.