- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Khoresht Goje Sabz (Green Plums) Stew Recipe Video
|Green plum||1⁄2 Pound|
|Stew beef||1⁄2 Pound, chopped|
|Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), minced|
|Mint||1 Bunch (100 gm), minced|
|White onion||1 Small, diced|
|Turmeric powder||To Taste|
|Ground chili pepper||To Taste|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 253 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.8%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 9.1 mg3%
Sodium 359.8 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 87.6% Vitamin C 86%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small pot fry the onions with 2 tablespoon vegetable oil until translucent.
2. Add the chopped Stew beef, stir and fry until the beef becomes brown.
3. Put Turmeric, stir and continue frying for 2 more minutes.
4. Pour in enough boiling water to the pot to cover the mixture by 2 inches (Approx. 1.5 cup).
5. Cover the pot with the lid and simmer it for 75 minutes.
6. In another pan fry the minced herbs (parsley and mint) with 2 tablespoon Vegetable oil.
7. Add the fried herbs to the ground beef mixture and stir.
8. Pour in enough boiling water until it covers the mixture and stir.
9. Put ground chili pepper and salt. Mix, cover with the lid and continue simmering for 15 minutes.
10. Add the green plums to the pot, stir until well mixed.
11. Cover the pot with the lid and continue cooking for 10 minutes at low heat.
12. In a serving plate, serve this stew with any side like rice or bread.