- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Khobz Recipe Video
|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon, divided (1/2 teaspoon for yeast; 1/2 teaspoon- bread)|
|All purpose flour||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 368 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.4%
Saturated Fat 0.4 g2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 487.3 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix yeast and sugar, with a little bit of warm water. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes before using it.
2. In a large bowl, mix all purpose flour, with vegetable oil, salt, sugar, and the yeast mixture.
3. Add warm water, little by little, while mixing the ingredients until dough ball is formed.
4. Using the palm of the hands place the dough ball on the kitchen counter and start kneading it in quick, energetic movements.
5. Knead the dough for about 5 minutes until you get a soft and elastic dough.
6. Cut the dough into 4 equal portions. Knead each portion for about 1 minute and shape them in smooth circular mounds.
7. Place the dough balls in a tray, cover them and let them rest for 10 minutes.
8. After 10 minutes, sprinkle flour on the working surface, take each dough ball and flatten it into a circle using the palm of the hands (The circle should be approximately 4 times wider than the original dough ball with about ¼” thickness).
9. Place the dough circles on a baking pan, cover them, and let them rest for 1-2 hours or until the dough springs back when gently pressed with your fingers.
10. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
11. Once the dough is ready, using a knife, poke the dough in 4 to 5 places.
12. Place the breads in the center of the oven and bake for around 20 minutes. (Check on the breads and turn them to the other side to bake if necessary). The breads are done when they get a nice golden brown color all over their surface.
13. In a serving plate, serve the bread with any dish of choice like tagines or soups or use them to make sandwiches.