- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Khichi - Rice Flour Khichu - Papadi No Lot - Gluten Free Recipe Video
|Boiled water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Anise seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Papad khar||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rice flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For the kneading and rolling)|
Calories 234 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 426.3 mg17.8%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 3 g5.5%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 0.54%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 6.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Steamer
1. Take a pot of boiling water on medium heat and into it add anise seeds, cumin seeds, papad khar, salt and sesame seeds. Bring it to a boil.
2. Once the water boils, add the green chili paste and take off the heat.
3. Gradually add this boiled water a little at a time to the flour and mix. If more water is required add more plain boiled water.
4. Make large patties, moistening your hands with water, and make a hole in the center of the patties. Place the prepared patties into the steamer and steam for about 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Take out the hot kichiyas, sprinkle some water and oil and knead them using a small bowl or your hands into a ball one by one, and roll them into a smooth flat round,(keeping on a thin plastic wrap spreading with oil occasionally.
6. After rolling all the kichiyas, dry them under the sun for a couple of hours, then store them in air tight containers.
7. Serve as a snack.
Beginners can prepare kichiya lot alternatively, by spreading the batter on a dhokla plate and steam it for 20 to 25 minutes.