- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Indian Khasta Kachori Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chilled|
|Yellow moong dal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), ground|
|Ground fennel||1 Tablespoon|
|Coriander||1 Teaspoon, powdered|
|Chili flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Mango powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 163 Calories from Fat 51
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 0.74 g3.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 171.2 mg7.1%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 3.3% Vitamin C 2.2%
Calcium 5% Iron 9.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Gradually add water and mix with fingers to form dough.
3. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl, take grounded moong dal, add fennel powder, ginger powder, pinch of asafetida, salt and oil; mix lightly.
5. Heat a skillet and roast the mixture for about 3 minutes until aromatic.
6. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and cool it down to room temperature.
7. Add 1 ½ tablespoon of water and mix it; let it sit for 3-4 minutes for the water to get absorbed.
8. Knead the dough for a minute and divide the dough into 12 equal parts.
9. Press each part with fingers to form a 4 inch round shape.
10. Fill it with 1 teaspoon of dal mixture and close it like dumpling.
11. Similarly fill each of the remaining 11 dough portions.
12. Let the balls sit for 3-4 minutes.
13. Take individual balls and press with palm over the folded part of the ball to roll into a flat round shape.
14. In a wok, heat oil and drop a small piece of dough to check if the oil is hot enough; if the piece rises to the top it is hot enough.
15. Add the rolled out kachories, let them fry for 3 minutes until they are nicely puffed up and brown.
16. Turn them and fry the other side for 2-3 minutes.
17. Remove and drain over paper towels.
18. Serve as is or with chutney.