- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kharkharia recipe -Suvari -Diwali special Recipe Video
|Hot water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As required for kneading)|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (As required to taste)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ghee||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 246 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.5%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.8 mg
Sodium 1.7 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 4 g7.6%
Vitamin A 0.02% Vitamin C
Calcium 5.4% Iron 10.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Roller pin & board
1. Take a pot of boiling hot water and add sesame seeds and sugar. Stir till the sugar melts. Set it aside to cool.
2. Take a mixing bowl and add the all purpose flour, wheat flour and ghee and mix using your hands.
3. Gradually add the water mixed with sesame seeds and sugar to knead the dough. (Add plain water if more water is required for kneading)
4. Finally add a couple of drops of oil to smooth-en out the surface of the kneaded dough.
5. Take small portions of the dough and roll very thin round shapes and lay them on a tray to dry for 30 minutes.
6. Take a pan with oil and deep fry the kharkharias till golden brown at medium heat. Once done remove them on to a paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
7. Serve as a snack. Usually served on the special occasion of Diwali.