- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Gram flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Besan)|
|Buttermilk||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Hing)|
|Ginger piece||1 (1/2 Inch)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped coriander||3 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 744 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.1%
Saturated Fat 0.85 g4.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 482.5 mg20.1%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.6%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.4%
Sugars 13.6 g
Protein 52 g104.7%
Vitamin A 71% Vitamin C 183.6%
Calcium 11.3% Iron 42%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix the gram flour (besan), buttermilk, turmeric powder, asafoetida, green chilli paste and salt very well.
3. Heat the mixture and keep stirring constantly.
4. When it is very thick, test by spreading a little paste on a plate. If after about 1 minute, the mixture can be rolled and lifted, it is ready for spreading.
5. When ready, spread the mixture thinly (with the help of the back of a spoon) on any working surface.
6. Cool and cut in about 50 mm. (2") strips.
7. Roll up the strips (like small rolls) and arrange them.
8. Heat the vessel and roast the mustard seeds.
9. When the seeds start popping, remove from fire, add the asafoetida and pour over the arranged rolls.
10. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves