- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Khalwa -Kela Methi na Bhajiya or Methi Pakora Recipe Video
|Gram flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Wheat flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Ginger paste||3 Teaspoon|
|Green chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Coriander seeds||1 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Fenugreek leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped finely|
|Red chili powder||1 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Tablespoon (As required)|
|Ripe banana||1 1⁄2 Medium, mashed|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon (3-4)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (As required to make the dough)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
Calories 297 Calories from Fat 146
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.6%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 103.2 mg4.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 8 g16%
Vitamin A 4.2% Vitamin C 7.8%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl add the gram flour and the wheat flour. Add ginger paste, green chili paste, crushed coriander seeds, salt, ground black pepper, the chopped fenugreek leaves, red chili powder, turmeric powder, sugar and the mashed banana.
2. Lastly add the vegetable oil and start mixing all the ingredients to form a soft and smooth dough. Add a pinch of asafoetida and continue mixing.
3. Use water as required while mixing the Khalwa dough.
4. Once the dough is mixed and ready at the desired consistency, keep it aside for about 60 to 90 minutes.
5. Heat a pan with a couple of inches of oil to high heat and drop small dollops of the prepared batter into the oil and fry. The oil can now be reduced to a medium.
6. Fry the khalwa till they puff up and turn golden brown in color. Drain into a paper towel to remove the excess oil.
7. Serve hot.