- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Khajur Pak or Burfi - Date Rolls Recipe Video
|Ghee/Regular butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry coconut flakes||3 Tablespoon, divided (1 tablespoon added in the ghee; and the remaining used to coat the date log)|
|Poppy seeds||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Dates||350 Gram, roughly chopped|
|Almonds||2 3⁄4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Pistachios||2 3⁄4 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cashewnuts||2 3⁄4 Tablespoon, broken|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
Calories 110 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.3%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2 mg0.7%
Sodium 1.7 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 2 g3.9%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 0.42%
Calcium 2.7% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Roller board wrapped in plastic sheet
2. Roller pin wrapped in plastic sheet (only if required)
1. Wrap the rolling board and pin with a plastic wrap and keep it aside (to spread and roll the date mash once its cooked).
2. Heat a pan with a tablespoon of ghee. When the ghee melts, add a tablespoon of dry coconut flakes and poppy seeds. Roast till it changes color to slightly brown.
3. Then add the roughly chopped dates, stir well and cook till tender. Mash slightly while stirring.
4. When the dates are well mashed and tender, turn off the stove and let it cool down.
5. Once the mixture has cooled, spread it on the rolling board which is wrapped with a plastic wrap. Spread it out evenly with your hands or with the plastic wrapped roller pin.
6. Spread all the almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts on the surface. Press them slightly with the palm of your hand to let them sit inside the dates spread well.
7. Then firmly and tightly roll the dates spread from one end. Roll to form a log shape and close and round the ends.
8. Coat the surface of the log with dry coconut flakes and slice into 1 1/2-inch thick pieces.
9. Serve as a dessert.