- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
KFC Extra Crispy Style at Home Recipe Video
|For the brine|
|Seasoned salt||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For the milk wash|
|Milk/Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|For the breading|
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
Calories 636 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.5%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.4 mg
Sodium 3236.2 mg134.8%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g21.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 44 g87.2%
Vitamin A 4.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 7.3% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large container mix water with seasoned salt and brine the chicken overnight in the brine wash.
2. Next day you can drain the brine wash and again soak the chicken in weak milk wash.
3. Remove the chicken from the milk wash and then coat it with plain flour, and then again dip the chicken in milk wash followed by coating the chicken in flour, this process is called double breading and remember to do this in batches.
4. Once the chicken is breaded start frying the chicken, make sure that the oil temperature at the beginning is 375 degree and once the chicken pieces go in you have to reduce the temperature to 335 degree.
5. Once the chicken is golden brown remove the chicken.
6. You can serve the fried chicken with fresh salad on the side.
Double breading helps to make the chicken extra crispy.