- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Key Lime Pie Recipe Video
|Key lime juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Key lime zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned sweetened condensed milk||30 Ounce|
|Graham cracker crust||1 (9 inch)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 807 Calories from Fat 344
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.8%
Saturated Fat 20.1 g100.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 318.9 mg
Sodium 322.4 mg13.4%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 0.9 g3.6%
Sugars 85.4 g
Protein 16 g32.8%
Vitamin A 24.6% Vitamin C 23.8%
Calcium 46.6% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a heat proof bowl, pour the lime juice and egg yolks. Using a whisk combine.
2. In a pan, pour water and simmer, put the heat proof bowl on the pan, add lime zest and sweetened condensed milk, whisk till the temperature reaches 160 F, for about 12 minutes.
3. Pour the mixture over the graham cracker crust( you may not require the entire amount). Refrigerate for 3 hours.
4. In a bowl, add in the heavy cream, and whip with an electric mixer, adding little sugar at a time, until stiff peaks form.
5. Put the cream mixture in an icing bag, drop small florets of the cream to cover all over.
6. Garnish with key lime slice and serve.