- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kettle Liver And Onions Recipe
|Bacon slices||6 , cut in 1-inch pieces|
|White onions||18 Small, peeled|
|Lamb liver||1 Pound, sliced|
|All-purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green peas||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
Calories 347 Calories from Fat 34
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6%
Saturated Fat 0.53 g2.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.7 mg
Sodium 379.6 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 10.5 g42.1%
Sugars 22.1 g
Protein 25 g49.7%
Vitamin A 1247.6% Vitamin C 98.2%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 72.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a kettle or Dutch oven and sautÃ© bacon. Remove from the heat and keep aside for future usage.
2. Pour off all drippings, then measure 3 tablespoonfuls and return to kettle.
3. Add onions and sautÃ© until the ingredient turn golden.
4. Use a slotted spoon to lift out.
5. Slice the liver into 1-inch-wide strips.
6. In a paper bad, add flour, salt and pepper with the silver. Shake well.
7. In the same kettle and brown the silver. Add more bacon drippings.
8. Add in tomatoes, water and onions. Bring it to boil. Cover the pan.
9. Simmer for 1 hour or until liver. Onions are soft.
10. In the meantime, cook peas and celery.
11. Take a serving bowl, add liver mixture, peas and celery in a ring on the top.
12. Garnish with bacon and serve hot.