- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kerala Beans Stir Fry Recipe
|Beans||1⁄2 Kilogram (Chopped into thin pieces)|
|Garlic pods||5 , crushed|
|Green chillies||4 , slit|
|Mustard seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry leaves||2 Tablespoon|
|Coconut paste||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
Calories 593 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 117.2 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.6%
Dietary Fiber 19.5 g77.8%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 30 g60.6%
Vitamin A 9.8% Vitamin C 56.4%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 50.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grind together coconut, turmeric powder, kunjulli and green chillies.
2. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non stick pan and splutter mustard seeds. You can add onions and saute till golden brown.
3. Add garlic and curry leaves and saute for a minute.
4. Add beans, ground coconut paste and salt to taste. Mix lightly.
5. Cover the pan and cook on low flame, stirring occasionally.
6. After 6- 8 mins, the beans will be cooked.
Never add water while making any thoran. The vegetables contain water which is more than enough for cooking.
Visit my website http://malayali.me for more recipes !!!