- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kerala-Style Pan-fried Tilapia Recipe Video
|Ginger garlic paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Coriander powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 252 Calories from Fat 157
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.2%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 42.5 mg
Sodium 1016.5 mg42.4%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 2 g7.9%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 18 g36.4%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the fish fillet and pat dry with a paper towel to remove any moisture.
2. Cut this into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
3. To prepare the marinade, mix all the spices with a tablespoon of oil.
4. Crush some garlic and ginger to make a fresh paste of about a tablespoon, add to the marinade.
5. Now add the pieces of tilapia to a large bowl and smear them thoroughly with the marinade .
6. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes so that the flavor penetrates into the fish. Refrigerate if you are planning to cook the fish later.
7. In a non stick pan heat some oil.
8. Arrange the fish pieces one by one in the pan, making enough space between each piece. Avoid overcrowding as it will lead to uneven cooking. You can cook the fish in two batches if required.
9. Wait for a minute or so and enjoy the aroma of the spices filling your apartment.
10. Flip the pieces and let both sides turn golden brown.
11. Serve with wedges of lime and a salad.