- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kerala Fish Curry with Pearl Onion Seasoning Recipe Video
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon, or 1/2|
|Pearl onion/Onion||3 , finely chopped|
|Fish||2 Pound (Fish Of Your Choice)|
|Thick coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Tomato||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Ginger||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Green chilies||2 Medium, sliced|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||To Taste|
|Pearl onion/Onion||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Coconut oil/Oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 761 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.5%
Saturated Fat 21 g104.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.9 mg
Sodium 1031.7 mg43%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.5%
Sugars 66.8 g
Protein 48 g96.5%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 55.6%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 13.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixer blend coconut milk with turmeric powder and red chili powder.
2. Heat a pan and add the blended coconut milk mixture.
3. Add salt and tamarind and boil for about 10 minutes.
4. When the mixture gets a little thicker, add the fish, onion, curry leaves, ginger and tomato.
5. Cook for about 6 or 7 minutes until the fish softens.
6. For seasoning, in a pan heat coconut oil and add the chopped pearl onion.
7. Stir until it turns brown and add some curry leaves if desired.
8. Sprinkle the seasoning over the curry and serve with roti or rice.