- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kentucky Derby Pie Recipe Video
|Melted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Light corn syrup||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate morsels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Unbaked 9 inch pastry shell||1|
Calories 839 Calories from Fat 423
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75%
Saturated Fat 20.8 g104.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 138 mg46%
Sodium 214.4 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.6%
Sugars 55.4 g
Protein 7 g13.6%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 0.35%
Calcium 3.6% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl whisk eggs until frothy.
3. Add in corn syrup, sugar, brown sugar, flour, bourbon, melted butter and vanilla, and whisk together until well combined
4. Add the chopped pecans and stir to mix.
5. In the bottom of the pie shell, spread the chocolate morsels in an even layer.
6. Pour the pecan mixture over the chocolate.
7. Put in it the oven and bake for an hour, until the pie puffs up and gets brown on top.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
9. Slice and serve with whipped cream or ice-cream, if desired.