- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Whole Wheat Pita Bread Recipe Video
|Wheat flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Active yeast||2 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Warm water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 39
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g6.8%
Saturated Fat 0.63 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 367.4 mg15.3%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 6 g12%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 13%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
2. In an electric mixing bowl, add and combine the yeast with warm water and sugar. Let this sit for 5 minutes.
3. Stir in the whole wheat flour, white flour, olive oil and salt. knead this well on medium speed for 10 minutes. Once done, cover the bowl with a damp cloth and set it aside to rise for 45 minutes.
4. After 45 minutes, shape the dough into 10 golf sized balls and place them on a baking sheet. Cover the baking sheet with a damp cloth and let this rise for another 10 minutes before baking.
5. Take the balls one by one and roll it out into 1/4 inch thick discs of 5 - 6 inches diameter.
6. Bake this in the preheated oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve the whole wheat pita bread hot.