- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Tamale Pie Recipe Video
|Sweet corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground beef||2 Cup (32 tbs) (+ 1 tbsp of Taco seasoning)|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Corn meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Enchilada sauce||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Can (145 oz), diced|
|Salt and pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Jack cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Green onion||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 512 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 10.9 g54.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 95.1 mg
Sodium 622 mg25.9%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36.1%
Sugars 17.3 g
Protein 24 g48.3%
Vitamin A 105.7% Vitamin C 114.8%
Calcium 25.8% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add and combine milk with cornmeal and eggs. Mix until well combined and set it aside.
3. In a large skillet, heat oil, add onion and saute it for a few seconds until translucent. Season it with salt and pepper and mix well.
4. Add the enchilada sauce, tomatoes, sweet corn, beef, taco seasoning and mix until well combined and let it cook for 5 - 7 minutes. Once done, set it aside to cool before adding to the pie dish.
5. Once cooled, add the above mixture into the cornmeal mixture and mix until well combined.
6. Take a pie dish and evenly pour the above mixture. Bake it the preheated oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
7. After 45 minutes, remove the pie dish and sprinkle it with shredded cheese and bake it again for another 5 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
8. Serve this Mexican tamale pie garnished with green onions.