- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Corn Chowder Recipe Video
|White flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), finely chopped|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Sweet corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Potatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), diced|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Creamed corn||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Half and half cream||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.9%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g51.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.4 mg
Sodium 644.7 mg26.9%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.5%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.5%
Sugars 4.6 g
Protein 5 g10.9%
Vitamin A 11.3% Vitamin C 22.1%
Calcium 10.8% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot on medium high, melt butter, add flour. Whisk it well and cook it for about 1 minute.
2. Add the onion and mix until well combined.
3. Add water, sweet corn, celery, potato dices, creamed corn and mix until well incorporated.
4. Season it with salt, pepper and sugar. Mix well and cook it covered for 30 minutes.
5. Pour in half and half cream, add spinach and combine it well. Let this cook for another 15 minutes.
6. Serve this corn chowder hot.