- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cinnamon Sugar Scones Recipe Video
|White flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|For the icing|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.2%
Saturated Fat 4.6 g23.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26 mg
Sodium 2996.9 mg124.9%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 32.3 g129.1%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 5 g9%
Vitamin A 9.1% Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 69.2% Iron 32.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add and combine the flour with sugar, salt, cinnamon and baking powder. Mix well.
3. Stir in the heavy cream and mix until it forms a sticky dough. Knead the dough onto a floured board until all cracks are sealed.
4. Take a greased baking sheet and divide the dough in half. Place them onto the baking sheet and form into circles of 1/8 inch thickness.
5. Using a sharp knife, scour the dough into 8 portions and bake these in the preheated oven at 400 degrees for 12 - 15 minutes or golden brown.
6. For the icing: In a bowl, add and combine the powdered sugar with cinnamon, vanilla extract and milk.
Mix it until well combined.
7. Once the scones are done, remove the baking and drizzle it with the cinnamon-sugar icing.
8. Serve these cinnamon sugar scones with whipped cream or fruits.