- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kefta bi Tahini (casserole) Recipe Video
|Ground beef/Lamb||1 Pound|
|Potato||2 Large, sliced, baked|
|White onion||1 Large, minced finely|
|Seven spices||1 Teaspoon (Dede)|
|Pine nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Dash|
|Black pepper powder||2 Pinch|
|For the sauce|
|Greek yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tahini paste||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), minced|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 1090 Calories from Fat 653
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g114.2%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 404 mg16.8%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 53 g105%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 85.7%
Calcium 43.8% Iron 41.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to the required temperature.
2. Clean the potatoes slice them thickly and bake. Set aside.
3. Toast the pine nuts in a small pan with a dash of olive oil or butter.
4. In a bowl, put ground beef, onion, salt and seven spice powder. Mix them well with clean hands till well combined.
5. Transfer it to a deep baking dish and spread the beef mix to form an even layer.
6. Bake till the beef is done. Set aside.
7. FOR THE SAUCE: In another bowl, add the Greek yogurt, Tahini paste, lemon juice, minced garlic. Whisk it well to combine. Pour a little water to thin out the sauce.
8. Heat a pan and pour the sauce in it. Season with salt and add a little more water. Bring it to light boil while whisking it.
9. Allow to simmer till desired consistency is reached.
10. Take the baking dish with the cooked beef mix. Arrange the baked potato slices over it to cover the meet completely.
11. Pour the sauce over it to cover the potatoes and bake for another 15 minutes.
12. Sprinkle with the toasted pine nuts and black pepper.
13. In a serving plate, serve the dish with brown rice and vermicelli noodles.
Any kind of nuts can be used as desired to garnish the dish. If nuts are not a choice then it can also be garnished with parsley or serve as it is.
The extra sauce can be stored in the refrigerator for use later.