- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kefta Bel Harsh Recipe Video
|Beef steak meat||1 Pound, ground|
|Onion||1 Medium, grated|
|Parsley||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped finely|
|Basmati rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 Medium|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Saffron||1 1⁄2 Pinch|
|For the sauce|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, grated|
|Cinnamon powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ghee||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon (Clarified butter)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 442 Calories from Fat 249
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.3%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 175.9 mg
Sodium 1235.9 mg51.5%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.8%
Sugars 3.5 g
Protein 22 g43.2%
Vitamin A 14.9% Vitamin C 26.9%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 21%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. MEATBALLS: In a large bowl, put beef, onion, parsley, rice, spices, egg, egg yolk. Mix well with spoon.
2. Using clean hands, mix them well till combined, cover with a plastic wrap and put it in the fridge for 1 hour.
3. Boil the water.
4. Take it out of the fridge and roll it into walnut sized balls (if hands become sticky, wash them and continue to roll).
5. In a saucepan, heat the vegetable oil on medium heat. Add onion, the spices and clarified butter. Cook for 3 minutes.
6. Pour the boiling water into it. Put the meatballs one by one into the sauce.
7. Cover and let it cook on medium heat for 30 minutes or till meat is cooked.
8. Transfer the meatballs into a bowl and leave the sauce in the pan.
9. Increase the heat to medium high. Season the sauce with salt, pepper and cinnamon to taste.
10. Once the sauce has thickened to desired consistency return the meatballs and reduce the heat.
11. Heat till the meatballs are heated through. Turn off the heat.
12. In a serving plate, serve the meatballs immediately hot with bread.