- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
KC's Crab Cakes Recipe Video
|Crab meat||8 Ounce|
|Whipped cream cheese with chives||4 Ounce|
|Panko||1 Cup (16 tbs) (1/2 cup for crab cake+ 1/2 cup for coating)|
|Parmesan cheese||10 Tablespoon, grated|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Horseradish sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon zest||1 Tablespoon|
|Egg white||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (for frying crab cakes)|
Calories 571 Calories from Fat 306
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.6%
Saturated Fat 12.4 g62.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.1 mg15.4%
Sodium 1373.3 mg57.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.3%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 44 g88.4%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 46.6% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Beat egg whites until foamy and keep it aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add crab meat, whipped cream with chives, panko, and parmesan cheese.
3. Sprinkle onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in it.
4. Insert horseradish sauce, and lemon zest. Mix well.
5. Fold beaten egg white into crab mixture,1/3 at a time.
6. Form 6 crab cakes about ½ inch thick.
7. Coat it with panko and parmesan.
8. Place it in refrigerator for about 30 minutes or until it becomes firm.
9. In frying pan, heat olive oil, and sauté crab cakes 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
10. Serve crab cake with tartar sauce.