- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kauai Dinner Menu Recipe Video
|Hijiki||80 Gram, soaked for 20 minutes (1 Packet)|
|Carrots||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Sesame oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Syrup of maple||1 Tablespoon|
|Chopped seitan||100 Gram (0.5 Packet)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Juice of lemon||1⁄2|
|Pineapple||1 , skinned and sliced in inch slices|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Macadamia nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Organic cake batter||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tuna steaks||1 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 979 Calories from Fat 495
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g88%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.2 mg
Sodium 643.1 mg26.8%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 13.8 g55.4%
Sugars 52.4 g
Protein 38 g75.7%
Vitamin A 109.3% Vitamin C 208%
Calcium 22.1% Iron 27.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Directions for preparation:
• In a pan, sauté the carrots an garlic in sesame oil.
• Add the maple syrup. Stir.
• Add the seitan and stir.
• Sprinkle with soy sauce.
• Add the sesame seeds. Stir it in.
• Stir till the seitan looks brown and has caramelized. Turn heat off.
• Drain and rinse the hijiki.
• Run it under some cold water and add it to the pan. Turn heat on.
• Stir it to mix with the other ingredients.
• Add the lemon juice.
• Add ½ tsp salt. Cover and refrigerate for 3 days.
• For the pineapple cake, grease a baking pan.
• Heat butter in a pan and add the coconut and macadamia nuts.
• Add the sugar and ginger. Cook till the mixture is brown and caramelized.
• Add it to the bottom of the greased pan.
• Arrange pineapple slices on top of it.
• Mix milk and cake batter together as per the instructions on the packet.
• Pour the batter over the pineapple slices. Bake.
• Invert the baking pan on a plate to get the cake out.
• Make the avocado paste by mixing all the ingredients together.
• For the tuna, lay the steaks on a pan covered with foil and sprinkle with lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
• Place the fish steaks on the broiler and cook for 4-8 minutes depending on how rare you want them and how thick the steaks are.
• Serve fish steaks with toasted buns and make a burger if preferred, with the hijiki salad and avocado sauce.