- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kau Kau Kabobs Recipe
|Instant seasoned meat tenderizer||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef round steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut in 1 1/2-inch cubes|
|Green peppers||4 Medium|
|Frozen lobster tails||7 Ounce, thawed and quartered|
|Sauterne||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 608 Calories from Fat 148
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.4%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 316.4 mg13.2%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.9 g15.7%
Sugars 11.1 g
Protein 57 g113.9%
Vitamin A 11.2% Vitamin C 212.7%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Start the meat tenderizer as per label directions for meat.
2) Carve ovals from the green peppers.
3) Skewer peppers, beef, lobster, alternatively.
4) Place a preserved kumquat at the end of each skewer.
5) In a bowl, mix together sauterne, lemon juice, and salad oil.
6) Now, broil the kabobs on hot coals until ready to serve. Keep turning and basting them with wine mixture.
7) Serve the Kau Kau kabobs with your favorite dips.