- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kashmir Chicken Curry Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Thinly sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Condensed chicken broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Diced cooked chicken||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Hot cooked rice||4 Cup (64 tbs) (1 Cup Uncooked)|
Calories 542 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.5%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98 mg
Sodium 1402.4 mg58.4%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 3.6 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 11.7% Vitamin C 11.8%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 27.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make curry sauce in a medium-size saucepan sauté onion and celery in butter or margarine such that soft and stir in flour and curry powder.
2. Cook with constant stirring such that bubbly.
3. Continue cooking and stirring adding chicken broth, 1/2 broth can of water and salt such that the mixture thickens and boils 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and add diced cooked chicken.
5. In a large bowl place hot cooked rice and stir in curry mixture until well blended.
6. Into lightly greased 6-cup freezer-to-oven baking dish spoon the mixture and with heavy-duty aluminum foil wrap baking dish tightly with a double fold on top.
7. Seal and label the pack and freeze in refrigerator until cold.
8. Serve as desired.