- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Karipap Sardines Recipe Video
|Lime juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Sardines||245 Gram (in tomato sauce)|
|Oil||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Red chillies||4 Small, chopped finely|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, diced|
Calories 2955 Calories from Fat 2461
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 278 g428%
Saturated Fat 55.2 g276.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 154.4 mg51.5%
Sodium 857.3 mg35.7%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.4%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 24 g48.5%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 50.1%
Calcium 16.9% Iron 33.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, sift the flour and add salt. Rub in the butter into the flour until it resembles breadcrumbs. Then slowly add in the water and combine to form a soft dough into the form of a ball.
2. If you find that the dough is dry you can add a tablespoon of water. Then rest the dough.
3. Mash the sardines with a fork, and then heat up a bit of oil in a pan and sauté the onions and the chilies until translucent.
4. Add in the sardines and cook until thick. Add in the diced potatoes and lime juice. Season to taste.
5. Then remove the pan from the heat and set it aside to cool down.
6. Get the dough and roll it till its round. Make sure that the dough is not very
thick otherwise it will be difficult to cook. Get one of the round cut dough and fill it with a teaspoon of cooled sardine mixture and fold it in half. Make sure the filling is cold. Then crimp the outside lip of the dough.
7. Now, Heat up the oil in a wok. When it is hot (around 175ºC), deep fry the karipap carefully until golden brown.
8. Drain them on kitchen towel and it’s ready to serve.