- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic Indian Karhi Recipe Video
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (If Possible A Little Sour)|
|Gram flour||4 Tablespoon (Besan)|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 185 Calories from Fat 59
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.5%
Saturated Fat 3 g15.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14 mg
Sodium 264.7 mg11%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.4%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 16.2% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 9.1% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl take ½ cup yogurt.
2. Add water so that the quantity becomes 2 cups.
3. Add gram flour. Mix it well with a hand blender.
4. Add turmeric powder, chili powder and salt.
5. In a saucepan, add ghee. Heat it over a low flame so that the ghee melts.
6. Add curry leaves.
7. Once they start spluttering, add the yogurt mix.
8. Cook it till the liquid thickens then lower the flame to medium. Add water if you feel the consistency is too thick.
9. Bring it to a boil and reduce the flame so that it simmers. During this time, you can add potatoes or boondi if you wish. You can even add some crushed ginger. Keep stirring so that it does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
10. Once you start smelling the aroma, you know your karhi is ready.
11. Serve Classic Indian Karhi hot garnished with coriander leaves. You can serve it with rice.