- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Karahi Paneer Recipe
|Fresh paneer||500 Gram|
|Melon seeds/Cashew paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Poppy seeds/Cashew paste||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cashew pieces||20 Gram|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed whole spices||10 Gram (Clove, Small Cardamom And Bay Leaf)|
Calories 302 Calories from Fat 98
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g17.8%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 12.5 mg
Sodium 534.5 mg22.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 12.2 g
Protein 21 g42.4%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 20.9%
Calcium 28.5% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
(1) Cut paneer in long pieces.
(2) Finely chop onion, garlic, tomato and ginger.
(3) In a frying pan, heat oil
(4) Fry paneer until golden brown
(5) Remove and drain on a kitchen paper towel and keep aside.
(6) Drain excess oil, and add all the masalas in the pan. Saute for a few seconds.
(7) Add onion and garlic and sauté with the spices till soft and lightly browned
(8) Add tomato, melon & poppy seed/cashew paste and ginger and sauté for 6-8 minutes on a low flame.
(9) Add water to thin the gravy and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
(10) Add fried paneer to the gravy and simmer until the gravy becomes thick.
(11) Serve the paneer and gravy in a kadhai serving dish
(12) Garnish with cashew and grated paneer
(13) Accompany with traditional Indian bread.