- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kapuriya (Gora) Recipe Video
|For the kapuriya|
|Ginger paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon (As required per taste)|
|Green chili paste||1⁄2 Teaspoon (As required per taste)|
|Papad khar||1 Pinch (Optional)|
|Pigeon peas/Green peas||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), boiled|
|Hot water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon (or seed)|
|Ground peanuts||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (As required per taste)|
|Sugar||1 Teaspoon (As required per taste)|
|Turmeric powder||1 Pinch|
|Coriander powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For the flour mixture|
|Flour mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Kapuria flour mix(this mix contains 1 cup rice and 2 tbsp mix of tuvar and chana daal and then grinded very fine)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Yogurt||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.6%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.49 mg
Sodium 1020 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 40 g13.3%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 10 g20.8%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 0.39%
Calcium 11.7% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1. Steamer
1. In a pot boil 1 and 1/2 cups of water.
2. Meanwhile take a bowl and add the kapuriya flour mix, oil and yogurt and use a spoon to mix it well. Set it aside.
3. Take a sauce pan and heat it with a tablespoon of oil.
4.When the oil is warm enough add asafoetida, ginger paste, chili paste, a pinch of papad khar and the pigeon peas. Stir and add the boiled hot water. Stir, cover and let it boil for a couple of minutes.
5. Add the flour mixture to this simmering water and peas gravy. Stir and add the cumin powder, crushed peanuts, salt, sugar, turmeric powder and coriander powder. Keep stirring to make sure that it does not stick to the bottom of the saucepan.
6. Stir continuously while the mixture thickens. Once it thickens to the desired consistency, remove it into a bowl and let it cool.
7. Meanwhile, take water in the base of a steamer and bring it to a boil.
8. Grease the palm of your hands with a little bit of oil and mold small balls and make patties with the thick mix that has cooled. Put each one of them in the steamer and steam them for about 25 to 30 minutes.
9. Serve the kapuriya warm.
To make the kapuriya flour mix, add 1 cup of rice, 1 tablespoon each of tur dal, chana dal and dried peas dal.
Arrange the molded patties in the steamer in such a way so that it cooks uniformly.