- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kansas City Steak Soup with Corn Pudding Recipe
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the corn pudding|
|Fresh corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|For the soup|
|Top sirloin||1 Pound, cubed|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded|
|White onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Jalapeno||1 , seeded|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded and diced|
|Jalapeno||1 , seeded and minced|
|Cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon, ground|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chile powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Fresh corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
Calories 1052 Calories from Fat 274
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.4%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 304.1 mg
Sodium 610.4 mg25.4%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g45.1%
Dietary Fiber 27.1 g108.4%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 60 g119.8%
Vitamin A 52.7% Vitamin C 155.2%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 56%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â° F.
2) Lightly grease a souffle dish or separare ramekins of 5-ounce each with butter. Dust a little flour over the butter and shake off the excess.
3) In a blender, puree 1/2 cup od corn kernels to a smooth consistency.
4) In a bowl, whisk the eggs together to form a foamy mixture. Add in sugar, salt and flour and whisk again to dissolve. Add in 1/2 cup of corn, corn puree and melted butter.
5) Pour the batter into the baking dish or individual remekins and baking for about 30 minutes, or until the pudding has set.
6) Allow the corn pudding to cool down.
7) Season the sirloin with salt and pepper.
8) In a heavy saucepan, heat oil and sear the sirloin in batches for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm till serving time.
9) In the same pan, saute onions, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeno for about 2 minutes on medium heat. Add in cumin, oregano, chile and bay leaf. Pour in the stock to deglaze the pan and allow to come to a boil.
10) Turn down the heat, add in corn and black beans and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
11) As the soup thickens, add in the meat and worcestershire sauce.
12) Pour hot soup into the serving bowls and serve slices of corn pudding on the side.