- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kansas City Steak Soup with Corn Pudding Recipe
|Corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, melted|
|Top sirloin||1 Pound, cubed|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Peanut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|White onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Red bell pepper||1 , seeded|
|Jalapeno||1 , seeded|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red chile powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Dash|
Calories 851 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g45.3%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 304.1 mg
Sodium 664.5 mg27.7%
Total Carbohydrates 94 g31.4%
Dietary Fiber 17.8 g71.1%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 53 g105.8%
Vitamin A 30.5% Vitamin C 77.7%
Calcium 13.8% Iron 50.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â° F.
2) Lightly grease a souffle dish or separare ramekins of 5-ounce each with butter. Dust a little flour over the butter and shake off the excess.
3) In a blender, puree 1/2 cup od corn kernels to a smooth consistency.
4) In a bowl, whisk the eggs together to form a foamy mixture. Add in sugar, salt and flour and whisk again to dissolve. Add in 1/2 cup of corn, corn puree and melted butter.
5) Pour the batter into the baking dish or individual remekins and baking for about 30 minutes, or until the pudding has set.
6) Allow the corn pudding to cool down.
7) Season the sirloin with salt and pepper.
8) In a heavy saucepan, heat oil and sear the sirloin in batches for about 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and keep warm till serving time.
9) In the same pan, saute onions, garlic, bell pepper and jalapeno for about 2 minutes on medium heat. Add in cumin, oregano, chile and bay leaf. Pour in the stock to deglaze the pan and allow to come to a boil.
10) Turn down the heat, add in corn and black beans and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
11) As the soup thickens, add in the meat and worcestershire sauce.
12) Pour hot soup into the serving bowls and serve slices of corn pudding on the side.