- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kangkong In Sweet Gravy Recipe
|Kangkong/Other green vegetable||450 Gram|
|Dried shrimps/Prawns||4 Tablespoon (Or Dehydrated)|
|Palm sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or Gula Melaka)|
|Coconut milk||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Second Pressing)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Fresh ginger||1⁄2 Inch|
|Turmeric powder||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 266
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g48.8%
Saturated Fat 27.5 g137.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1.1 mg
Sodium 122.1 mg5.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 15 g
Protein 7 g14.8%
Vitamin A 211.6% Vitamin C 80.3%
Calcium 16.4% Iron 33.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Rinse greens well under running water.
2) Rip the leaves from the stalks. Cut stalks into 4 cm lengths.
3) Soak half of the dried prawns in a little water.
4) To prepare rempah, grind it finely.
5) Mix it to remaining dried prawns and a little sugar.
6) In a skillet heat little oil and fry rempah until it emits scent.
7) Add the kangkong stalks.
8) Stir fry for a few minutes and mix coconut milk, prawns and their liquid, gula melaka (chopped), and remaining kangkong or other vegetables.
9) Simmer for 3-5 minutes and cook vegetables.
10) Serve immediately with rice and meat.