- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kangaroo Fillets with Raspberry Glaze Recipe Video
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon (spray as required)|
|Kangaroo fillets||1 Pound|
|Green bell pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Shallot/Scallion||2 , finely chopped (for glaze)|
|Chicken stock||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Raspberry jam||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Raspberry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable||100 Gram, boiled|
Calories 720 Calories from Fat 425
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.6%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.9 mg
Sodium 198.5 mg8.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 48 g96.5%
Vitamin A 57.2% Vitamin C 32.1%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Place a frying pan on high heat, and spray olive oil in it.
2. Place kangaroo fillets, season with pepper, and cook for about 2 minutes per side.
3. Turn the heat to low, and cook until done, turning occasionally. Do not overcook.
4. Remove from pan, warp it in foil, and allow it to rest for an hour.
5. For glaze, turn the heat to high, and in the same pan, add shallots and chicken stock.
6. Drop raspberry jam , stir and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
7. Turn the heat to low, and pour red wine vinegar. Give it a nice stir.
8. Throw raspberry and mix well. Allow it to simmer for 4 minutes. Crush raspberries with spoon.
9. Remove kangaroo fillets from foil, top it with glaze.
10. Serve kangaroo fillets hot with boiled veggies, and sour cream.
Overcooking will make kangaroo meat tough.