- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kamaaina Coconut Curry Recipe
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||5 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Fresh ginger root piece/1/2 teaspoons ground ginger||1 , minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ginger root slice||1|
|Coconut milk/Scalded milk - 2 cups and shredded coconut- 4 tablespoons, soaked for 30 minutes||2 Cup (32 tbs), scalded|
|Coconut milk/Scalded milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shellfish/Chicken / meat||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked, cubed|
|Shellfish/Chicken / meat||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked|
|Curry powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1256 Calories from Fat 769
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 90 g139.1%
Saturated Fat 70.2 g350.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 145.7 mg
Sodium 1813.3 mg75.6%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.1%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.4%
Sugars 19.2 g
Protein 47 g93.3%
Vitamin A 30.8% Vitamin C 82.1%
Calcium 25.6% Iron 241.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a skillet, add butter and saute onion over medium heat.
2. Stir in flour, curry powder, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger; cover and cook for 1 hour over very low heat.
3. Add stock and coconut milk; stir until smooth but do not let the sauce boil.
4. Cover and cook for another 1 hour.
5. Season with salt.
6. Add shellfish and heat thoroughly.
7. Serve over a nest of hot rice and accompany with curry condiments.