- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Kaleh Joosh (Kalejoosh) Recipe Video
|Whey||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Kashk)|
|Mint||1 Bunch (100 gm), minced|
|Walnut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), coarsely chopped, with juices|
|White onion||1 Small, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), sliced|
|Any vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Turmeric powder||To Taste|
Calories 213 Calories from Fat 139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.6%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.5 mg0.8%
Sodium 76.2 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.2%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 8 g
Protein 4 g8.8%
Vitamin A 21.6% Vitamin C 18.9%
Calcium 14.3% Iron 10.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan fry the onions and garlic with vegetable oil until translucent.
2. Add the minced mint and the walnuts to the pot, stir well and fry along.
3. Sprinkle turmeric, stir and continue frying until the onions change color to dark golden.
4. Pour Kashk and stir thoroughly until well mixed. (Add boiling water to the Kashk to loosen, if needed).
5. Simmer the mixture at low heat for 15 minutes over low heat.
6. In a serving plate, serve this dish as a side for any choice of meat.